Case study is basically the in-depth knowledge and careful analysis of any person, of an organization. It is basically having and looking for the deep knowledge about a particular event or thing.
This is not about having the knowledge about a specific thing in breadth but it is about getting a deep knowledge about a particular concept.
Case study lays stress on the full understanding or we can say that it lays empasis on full fledge investigation about a particular concept.
HOW DOES A CASE STUDY WORKS?
Case study comprises the in-detail study from where we gathered all the data and what are or may be the different possible sources of obtaining knowledge. The sources could include different steps there may be considered such as face-to-face interviews, the first observation while meeting someone, by analyzing the surveys and also by looking at the documents and reviews that we get as an ouput or result.
After obtaining the required information, there are different things to analyze like who get the information, how did one get the information,its sources and analyze it and depending on that what will be the desired output which comes from the information we get.
We have mentioned few steps which are involved in the case study which are as follows:
2. Information about the circumstances when the case began
5. Barrier or difficulties while doing the research
7. Different opinions of different people
CASE STUDY AS A PROBLEM SOLVER
A cases study enables the researchers and trainee or a beginner to solve the problems or difficulties or the barriers while undergoing through a specific or a particular case study. This also helps the students in providing the best possible outcome for the case study.
There are some steps which need to definitely be included in the case study analysis:
1. To look at the principal and precise fact arounds which the whole case moves
2. To view the main issue of concern
3. To find out the substitute path for activity
4. To access each channel for action
5. To endorse the best way of action
How can a case study be useful in IT industry?
If we want to design a case study, firstly we need to design and plan that how you are going to describe case study and the most important aspect is to get all the correct and relevant data which is best suited for the case study. But there is no strict rule which illustrates that the collected data need to be that much accurate and precise. Case study actually work in the real world that means that it is a real world entity.
ADVANTAGES OF DOING A CASE STUDY
- Able to get the in-depth knowledge about the case study
- Restore new research
- It simplifies difficult tasks
- It helps in developing the vocabulary and ability to tolerate
- Gives new and latest up-to-date information
DISADVANTAGES OF DOING A CASE STUDY
- Case study takes a lot of time to gather the information
- There might be sometimes the chances of errors and barriers where you could stuck
- Study cannot be replicated in all the cases
- All researchers or people might have different opinions and different views on the same topic